This event is now over
NOTE: THIS EVENT IS ONLY FOR STUDENTS 18yrs to 30yrs
PLEASE REGISTER ONLY IF YOU ARE A STUDENT AS THE REGISTRATION IS NOT REFUNDABLE
“The student’s thinking process is totally dependent on the quality of his/her Mind”
Mental fitness must complete and complement physical fitness!
Very few people have effective disciplined and regular practices for the mind. A student who meditates regularly receives profound benefits on all of these levels – physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual. What we may not be aware of, however, is the extent of the benefits that meditation can have.
Recent scientific research shows that it can improve both the student’s physical and mental health in surprising and significant ways. Not only can it sharpen attention skills of students and lower stress - but it can also boost memory, increase feelings of happiness, make students more compassionate to others, strengthen the immune function and make them more resilient! Some students may experience benefits such as increased focus, others as decreased stress.
Our world evolves at an unimaginable speed. We have become so impatient and demanding, that we even expect that after a few meditation sessions we will be as zen, but the reality is far from there, even if positive changes happen after a few sessions, it takes weeks, before we start to really notice the benefits. The problem is patience is scarce in today’s society, so when change doesn’t happen immediately we tend to quit and move on to something else.
The emotional effects of sitting quietly and going within are profound. The deep state of rest produced by meditation triggers the brain to release certain beneficial chemicals. When you discover that zone of silence in your mind, you no longer have to pay undue attention to all the random triggers to negative emotions.
Meditation dramatically improves the quality of your sleep and it is one of the most powerful natural treatments for disturbed sleep.
With all that in mind, I started working on New Clear Meditation’ first project: Having a smartphone always close to you, is great, but instead of just using it to check your emails, surf the web, play games, etc... Why not use it to remind you to take a few minutes to meditate, to connect with fellow practitioners, to track your progress, to challenge you to try something different every day, to inspire.
This form of meditation even has the capacity to change our brain structure in beneficial ways. Of course, many of us know there is a certain intangible aspect to meditation that research may never be able to fully capture. I’m pretty convinced that I’m not the only one that struggles to practice meditation every day, and maybe - even more importantly - to remind myself throughout the day, to slow down, take a minute and just be.
That got me thinking about ways to help myself and others to establish a regular meditation practice for students. How to make it fun, engaging and stay motivated? It is about researching new and exciting ways to use technology to support meditation practitioners. Technology is everywhere, and it’s definitively not going away. Things we use all the time, like our computer and smartphone, can become tools to encourage and motivate us to meditate, instead of just being a source of distraction.
About the Workshop:
· Learn how to meditate at home with the most sought after experienced coach Professor Dr Ushy Mohandas’ simple, strong comprehensive, new clear meditation workshop driven throough frequency sounds and music.
· Often, attendees of our workshop have experienced a total paradigm shift in their attitude and aligned with life. Instead of feeling helpless and weak, they felt well equipped to face any situation in life!
· Simple lessons learnt over half a day, during the session include breathing, right brain activation exercises, audio sounds stimulation and creative visualization that will take you through the process of learning guided meditation
The Benefits of this Workshop include
· Relief from stress depression and anxiety
· Stabilises your emotions: Helps you see situations as it is without feeling victimised hurt or demotivated
· Reduces self-doubt, makes you more confident and become more engaging as a person
· Builds inner strength. develops better attitude and will power to succeed in all test preparations.
· Improved focus and clarity: Eliminates confusion and helps you make well informed choices
· Rejuvenates the brain immediately whenever tired
· Helps develop charisma thereby developing healthy respectful bonding with all genders
· Total physical and mental relaxation
Meditation is a process, a journey. Many people mistakenly think that they are failing at meditation because thoughts arise in their mind when they try it.
To sit quietly, be alert and awake without a struggle, and experience life without exertion.
Simply put, meditation makes you a happier person! A better, stronger student who can easily tackle challenges.
July 23, 2017
9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Vidyadeep College Auditorium Ulsoor Road,
Ulsoor Bengaluru Ulsoor Road, Ulsoor